Save on Textbooks!
Other Homework Help ( 1304 )
Math- Algebra 1 ( 2531 )
Math- Algebra 2 ( 1228 )
Math- Calculus ( 400 )
Math- Geometry ( 642 )
Math- Other ( 1603 )
Math- Precalculus ( 428 )
Math- Trigonometry ( 298 )
Biology- Animal ( 160 )
Biology- Cell ( 542 )
Biology- Ecological ( 112 )
Biology- General ( 681 )
Biology- Microbiology ( 103 )
Business- Accounting ( 716 )
Business- Finance ( 548 )
Business- Other ( 492 )
Chemistry- Biochem ( 166 )
Chemistry- Organic ( 171 )
Chemistry- Other ( 1375 )
Economics- Macroeconomics ( 882 )
Economics- Microeconomics ( 643 )
Essay Correction ( 99 )
Essay Writing ( 430 )
History- World ( 867 )
US History- Post 1877 ( 489 )
US History- Pre 1877 ( 358 )
English ( 900 )
Foreign Languages ( 120 )
World Literature ( 203 )
Physics- Electricity, Magnetism ( 261 )
Physics- General ( 1812 )
Physics- Mechanical, Heat, Sound ( 362 )
Physics- Wave, Quantum Physics ( 121 )
1. Select the sentence in which all PRONOUNS are used correctly.
A. Just between you and I, I am not impressed by our new manager.
B. Be sure to divide all income from the suburban property between he and I.
C. I sat between him and her during the sales conference.
D. I hope she will keep this between she and I.
2. Select the sentence in which the verb correctly agrees with the subject.
A. A copy of MOBY DICK and several magazines has disappeared from my room.
B. Peggy and Phyllis drives me to Florida every winter.
C. Les and Miranda is late for work today.
D. Not only the muffler but also the spark plugs need to be replaced.
3. Which of the following sentences contains an italicized word that's used as a PREDICATE ADJECTIVE?
A. Jerry looks AT the map.
B. Jerry looks ILL today.
C. Jerry looks into the microscope.
D. Jerry looks disdainfully at the pile of laundry.
4. Which sentence below contains a correctly used modifier in italics?
A. He spoke SHARPLY to his sister.
B. I feel GOODLY now that I'm over the flu.
C. The sauce tasted BITTERLY, and I couldn't swallow it.
D. Joe looked SAD at his broken bike.
5. Which one of the following is a correct example of the singular possessive case?
A. women's club
B. audiences' reaction
C. who's job
D. king's rights
6. Choose the sentence in which the italicized pronoun agrees in number with its italicized antecedent or antecedents.
A. Maureen called the CHILDREN for HIS MEAL.
B. The BOYS want THEIR dessert now.
C. MARY and JILL won't eat HER vegetables.
D. The waiter refilled their GLASSES as they emptied IT.
7. Which one of the following is a correct spelling of a plural noun?
8. Which one of the following is a correct example of the plural possessive case?
A. stone's throw
B. men's plans
C. it's place
D. woman's plans
9. Choose the simple subject in the following sentence.
The tallest contestant won the prize.
10. Choose the sentence in which the verb has a direct object.
A. She is insecure.
B. I walked away.
C. George was furious.
D. They won the game.
11. Choose the sentence which contains an indirect object.
A. I worked hard each day.
B. They gave me a bonus.
C. I spent it immediately.
D. It is difficult to save money.
12. Choose the simple predicate in the following sentence.
The men finished the game in a short time.
13. Choose the sentence that has a compound predicate.
A. Swimming and golfing are Jim's favorite sports.
B. Sue and I will listen.
C. Sandy washed and ironed her clothes.
D. We went home to eat and to study.
14. Choose the sentence that has a subject complement.
A. The nurse felt my pulse.
B. I felt much better.
C. The day ended with many surprises.
D. We can't leave without seeing her.
15. In which sentence are the conjunctions used correctly?
A. Either Fred nor John knew about the accident.
B. The top award was given to neither Steve or Jim.
C. Neither beauty nor popularity was considered in the contest.
D. Mary enjoyed neither roller skating or ice skating.
16. Which one of the following pairs of words consists of antonyms?
17. In which of the following sentences is the word its used correctly?
A. The monster reared its head at the tourists.
B. The problem with the lawn mower is that its old.
C. When trying to catch fish, its important to be patient.
D. Its easy to learn to play the guitar, if you're willing to practice.
18. Which of the following italicized words is correctly capitalized?
A. Mount MCKINLEY is the tallest mountain in North America.
B. The most beautiful State is Hawaii.
C. Marsha speaks excellent GERMAN.
D. Jim must drive to the North to study the northern lights.
19. Which of the following is a correctly written compound word?
A. Thirty one
D. Spur of the moment-decision
20. Choose the sentence below in which of is used correctly.
A. We should of left early.
B. The boys surrendered, but they should of fought.
C. The bird flew north of the beach.
D. The three girls might of broken the records.
Please Login to Answer the Question
Cheap Car Insurance
Copyright © 2003-2009
Terms of Service